WORKSHOPS, EMPLOYEE TRAINING AND, TRAIN THE TRAINER
Based on the curriculum for Digital You! Protect & Promote, <Title Needed> is a 2 Hour Workshop that teaches attendees the basics of technology safety and digital resources. A great community or Human Resources development training, this program takes a practical look at how to both protect yourself online and how to use technology promote yourself in an increasingly digital world.
Train the Trainer format includes support materials and additional coaching/training.
Tailored to the audience, we will discuss safe and appropriate ways to communicate on social media, how to protect your data and your devices, as well as how to use digital resources to further yourself educationally, professionally, and personally. Hint: Any hobby you can image, you can learn to do online! Any skill you want to learn…it’s available to you.
You’ll leave with your individual plan to protect your digital identity and promote yourself via technology. Mastering your digital life means mastering your everyday life. Bring your questions and ideas to join the conversation. See you there!
We live in a digital world as much as the physical world, yet the rules are very different.
- User vs Fluency
- Safe and appropriate communication online.
- How social media and technology impact every aspect of our lives.
- Which Platforms should you use?
- What is safe to post?
- Visibility: Who can see your posts, what gets deleted, and what stays forever?
- The cloud, bots, crawlers, and trolls. Demystifying tech terms.
- How to protect yourself and your data.
- How to spot a scam.
- Be a continuous learner- it’s not optional.
- How to define your personal brand.
- From finding health resources to hobbies, further education, and learning.
- Professional opportunities: Networking, digital tools.
- What’s free and what’s not.
- Legitimate ways to make money online.