Technology Training and Workshops
Our technology training and workshops all provide practical skills that enable people to be safe and effective in their use of common technology like smartphones, tablets, and laptops. We take the stress and mystery out of technology and make it accessible for everyone!
Our goal is always to meet you where you are in terms of technical knowledge, then help you move up. So, we start by listening via a quick survey to assess your knowledge level, then dive into fun, interactive content designed to help you improve your life. Each module will enhance the technical knowledge of participants and provide them with tools, resources, and further opportunities to learn more.
The modules below are designed to be presented to:
- Employees- Practical and useful employee training for corporations, small businesses, and nonprofits.
- Your “clients” or students- We are a great enhancement to nonprofit programs and schools that work with teens, young adults, and adults. Let us add to the wonderful things you do!
- This is also a great opportunity for organizations such as Rotary Clubs, Churches, Vocational Schools, and Unions- especially trades such as carpentry, plumbing, masonry etc.
- Libraries and other community organizations. Train your people to be safe and productive online!
Savvy Starters: Computer Basics
We will help you take the anxiety out of technology and enable you to feel confident with your devices. This class is the perfect starter to help people gain practical and empowering knowledge about common technology.
- Demystifying tech: Common terms, symbols, and an intro to computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Social Media: The good and the bad. How to connect with the people you love, find fun and productive new connections, and be safe in the process.
- Protecting your privacy: How to protect your data and what that actually means.
- Protecting your devices: Take care of your tech!
- Resources for safety and learning
Digital You: Protect and Promote
Navigating the digital world is a lot like navigating the real world, but before you jump in the driver's seat and go racing down the highway, you learn the rules of the road. You obtain a license to drive, you learn about your car- the machinery you are operating, and about what to do in case of emergency. This is your digital training course in navigating the information superhighway.
- User vs Fluency: Why this is important to learn and how to be a continuous learner- it’s not optional!
- Everyone has a platform, everyone has a voice…everyone has a brand. If you don’t define your brand, you leave it up to strangers. We will show you how.
- Safety First:
Which Platforms should you use?
What is safe to post?
Visibility: Who can see your posts?
What gets deleted, and what stays forever?
- The cloud, bots, crawlers, and trolls. Demystifying tech terms.
- How to protect yourself, your data and, how to spot a scam.
- Physical implications of a digital world: How social media and other technology use affects our body.
- Resources. “Promote” yourself via further education and learning. This has nothing to do with advertising and everything to do with personal learning and growth.
- Professional opportunities: Networking and digital tools to accomplish your career goals.
- Just for fun! Pursuing hobbies and interests online.
- Tools! From free to professional grade.
So You Want to be a YouTube Star? Doing business online and how to be a social media influencer.
- Why do you want to have an online presence? Determining your goals.
- Defining and growing your audience: Targeting is key. Two ways: Hustle (organic growth) and Paid (through advertising).
- Quality counts: How to produce quality content that your audience will pay attention to.
- Likes and shares don’t pay the light bill. How to legitimately make money online and not get scammed.
- Pay per click advertising- what it is and how you make money.
- Getting your business online: Social media, banner ads, websites, and more.
- Tools of the trade: From free to professional grade, we will introduce tools to help you move forward.
Is there an app for that?
Finding and using resources both digitally and in the real world.
This is a fun workshop aimed to help participants identify creative ways to achieve their goals and passions.
- Safety first: Apps and resources that protect you online.
- Social Media: The pros and cons. Figure out which platforms are for you, and what others are using.
- Health tools: There are many ways to improve your health with the assistance of apps and online programs. We’ll show you how.
- Career tools: Find a job! There are many creative ways to find a job or make a living using a basic computer and internet connection.
- Education: From free to four-year, there are infinite ways to learn a skill or vocation using technology as a resource.
- Hobby tech: Using technology to enhance your favorite pastime.