Digital Bridges STEM Mentorship program works with young adults 13-21, engaging them in learning about technology, STEM Careers, and how to use common technology to build their lives. We combine group curriculum and activities with the individualized learning and support of a mentorship program.
The goal of our Digital Mentorship is to engage young adults who have a desire to use technology as an aid to learning and goal attainment. We create a safe, nonjudgmental community of like-minded, goal-oriented individuals who support each other in the creative use of technology to solve problems and grow.
Through a project-based curriculum, this program is designed to help participants create an individualized assessment and learning plan aiming to meet basic needs and begin an active path to further education or growth. The Digital Bridges Mastermind Mentorship program teaches participants safe, smart strategies to use technology-based resources to create a better life and future.
Participants meet once weekly for two hours after school, with an additional work session available each week for extra tutoring or exploration. Over the course of a school year we explore:
- Communication and Emotional Intelligence Online and Off
- Online Safety and Data Security
- Exploration of STEM Skills and Career Paths
- Creation of an individual Blueprint to Learning
- Financial Literacy Online and Off
By participating, young adults will learn critical thinking skills, gain assistance in locating resources and increase self-confidence. On a larger scale, we are addressing the need for digital literacy skills as a means of student growth, to reduce poverty, increase equitable education and employment opportunities, and build healthy communities.
At the end of the program participants will have a final project portfolio which will contain:
- Letter of recommendation from Digital Bridges Pittsburgh
- Certificate of Completion of the Program
- Aptitudes, interests and skill level assessments
- Description and benchmarks of each individual Blueprint for future learning/growth
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self-Awareness: Interests and Aptitudes
- Increased communication and socialization skills
- Increased Self-Esteem
- Leadership skills
- Goal setting and attainment skills